When there is standing water in your house due to natural incidents such as a flood or a leak, mold almost immediately follows. As a matter of fact, within two days of the water problem, mold can immediately grow as well as spread throughout your residential property, causing structural issues and damage, not to mention sickness to those people suffering from allergies and asthma.
Shut off the Water and Vacate Your Home
The moment your sewage system or water pipe is leaking, it’s important that you turn the water off right away after you have located the point of leakage. This will prevent water from creating further damage to your home as well as make the process of cleaning up mold much easier and faster.
So, any time there’s a moisture problem in your home, it’s best that you keep your water off until the problem is completely resolved. Whenever possible, and most especially in some cases of a huge water problem, it can actually be best that you and your family stay somewhere else while your house is being recovered with the help of professional and experienced mold removal experts. We have actually listed some tips in order to help you keep mold out of your house while you wait for professional and experienced mold removal contractors to remediate mold in your residential property.
Do Not Touch or Move Anything with Mold
As a matter of fact, even the smallest spots of mold in your home can be very dangerous. Thus, instead to trying to handle mold on your own as well as unintentionally spreading the spores of mold or making you and other people sick, it is best that you call a professional mold removal expert.
It is best that you hire a professional and skilled mold removal contractor since they have the right training, experienced, and knowledge to do the job in an efficient, timely and effective manner. Aside from that, they also have the right protective gear and equipment that make sure that the mold is completely eradicated without any injury or accident during the process.
Water problems in your home can surely lead to a more serious black mold infestation unless you treat them quickly and properly. This is the reason why it’s important that you stay safe in your own home at all times and you should call the professional help of expert mold removal company if you notice any mold in your home.
It’s also important that you restrict the airflow in your house. What most people don’t know about is that mold spores can actually spread more rapidly the moment they’re blown around by air conditioning units or fans. In addition to that, mold can also get sucked into an HVAC unit as well as cause mold infestation that you’re not totally aware of. This is why it’s important that you turn off all fans and your HVAC system the moment you notice a mold buildup in your living space. Resist the urge to point your fan at wet flooring or carpet. Also, most homeowners tend to prevent mold and mildew from existing because they choose to hire a professional and skilled drywall contractor in their area.